● Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
● 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
● 1/2 lb. sliced Kretschmar Off the Bone Ham, chopped or sliced into thin strips
● 1 (16-oz.) package gnocchi
● 1/2 cup heavy cream
● Parmesan cheese, for serving
1. Combine all ingredients for pesto in food processor and pulse until finely chopped, seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste. Pesto can be made up to 2 days ahead and stored in refrigerator until ready to use.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ham and cook until crisp, 2-3 minutes. Remove ham from skillet and set aside on a paper towel.
3. Add remaining butter and gnocchi to skillet. Cook gnocchi 5-7 minutes, until starting to turn golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside with ham.
4. Reduce heat to low and add pesto and heavy cream. Cook sauce, whisking constantly for 1-2 minutes, until combined and thickened. Stir in gnocchi and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from skillet and serve topped with crispy ham and Parmesan.